Moroccan Americans Youth For Democracy
The voice of change
Thanks to the solid and fruitful cooperation between Morocco and the United States of America, many social, economic and political initiatives have been introduced to bring an added value to the diplomatic endeavors done by the two nations.
The time has come for young people from both countries to become involved. The youth as a generative resource of creativity, flexibility and innovation has the potential to effectively make a difference, challenge the statu quo and initiate the change.
Within this framework, a new club with a new vision : the « Moroccan Americans Youth For Democracy » was founded with the ambition to share its know-how, insights and new approaches and become an active voice in the Moroccan democratic transition that we all seek to be part of.
This new organization will focus on increasing the role of youth within the non-profit sphere and encouraging them to be politically proactive, and socially involved.
MAYD Club is a non-profit organisation established by youth in USA and Morocco. Its primary mission will be to forge and promote democracy, to defend the values of Human rights, the good governance and the freedom of speech. Through various planned activities, the club will strive to assess the needs of young people and assist them exploit their skills in order to become more productive and more involved in building the futures of their countries. The club is, therefore, welcoming any fruitful cooperation, which will fall within the scope of its vision and will support out endeavors.
Future planned activities
- Morocco : between the willingness to change and the constraints of the reluctance.
- The youth's take on democracy in Morocco and USA.
- E-democracy : Assessing the impact of new social media in enhancing the democratic participation of youth.
Democratic cafe : Debates and presentations about democracy and the Moroccan and American experiences.
- Sustaining the democratic participation of youth.
- Youth and civic awareness.
Competition : Essay writing competitions about democracy and youth.
Training workshops :
- Empowering youth to become democratically active : capacity building in terms of management, communication, and how to exploit up-to-date technology.
- Good governance and youth democratic engagement : defining good governance guidelines and the challenges of their practicality.
Online news : a tribune for the latest news regarding reform projects and democratic issues inMorocco and the USA.